For the Christian, a theology that exults over the resurrection of Christ is crucial. As we approach Easter, God has been building up my theology of the resurrection of Christ and its connection with the resurrection of the believer. It is with great joy that I can refer you to John Piper's newest Taste & See Article: Let These Results of the Resurrection of Jesus Revive Your Passion for His Supremacy Over All Things .
Recently, Tim Challies posted on Daniel Doriani’s commentary on James. I found it incredibly intriguing, and it was well worth the read. I wrestled with it for days. While I don’t want to dive into the deep end with regard to the continuationist vs. cessationist debate, I would like to examine further healing and the book of James. In his post, Challies shares the following quote from Doriani’s commentary: Sick men and women call the elders as a group. They do not call those with a gift for healing; rather they call all to pray for healing. James says the prayers of a righteous man are effective. Since the first qualification for an elder is holiness—not social standing or theological acumen—the prayers of elders are effective. The elders pray for healing , not for miracles. It doesn’t matter if a healing is quiet or splashy, True healings garner all the attention they need. The reference from the book James is: Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the e...
Here are some helpful videos to help understand the new breed of atheism, i.e. a militant atheism. As always, Mohler, the president of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary provides a helpful analysis. Session 1: The New Atheism and the Endgame of Secularism Session 2: The New Atheism and the Assault on Theism Session 3: The New Atheism and the Defense of Theism Session 4: The New Atheism and the Future of Christianity
Comments